Congratulations are in order for your new pregnancy state from us here at Juicer survey. Being pregnancy comes with an aura of excitement, worries, anxiety and stress which are sometimes not healthy emotions during that period. One of the highest contributors of these emotions is diet as sometimes you just have no idea what is healthy and not healthy for you.
The desire to protect your unborn child and give him the best of everything combined with hormonal surges can cloud your judgment leading to unhealthy choices. Here at Juicing Detective we understand this phenomenon quite well. The reason we want to meet you half way by giving you some of the best and healthy juice recipes that will guarantee a smooth pregnancy period. Enjoy this list of fabulous, easy to make home juicing recipes for pregnant women!
You may also like Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs to Juice During Pregnancy.
1. The Beet Juice
Beetroot root juice is one of the most recommended blood boosting juices in pregnant women. It is a known fact that anemia in pregnancy is the highest contributor of both maternal and infant mortality in the world. Besides other supplements a regular glass of beet juice is one of the best way of preventing this from happening. It is also good for your taste buds.
Ingredients for one glass of beet juice
- 2 beet roots cleaned and chopped
- 4 carrots cleaned and chopped
- 1 apple
- water ( optional and as per your liking)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend to your desired texture
- Once ready pour in a glass and enjoy immediately with optional ice cubes
Blending is good to preserve some of the roughage which can help with constipation which is more pronounced during pregnancy.
2. The Banana and Honey Juice
When looking for juicing recipes for pregnant women, this juice is more just friendly to your taste buds which are often affected with unhealthy cravings during pregnancy. Bananas are abundant with healthy minerals like zinc and vitamins B, C and A that help in fetal development and your wellness during pregnancy.
- ½ a cup of milk
- ½ a cup of curd
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 table spoon of honey
- start by placing all the ingredients in a blender and blend to your perfection
- pour in a glass and add some ice cubes
- your juice is ready to be enjoyed
This is a common juice recipe for Asian women enjoyed best in the afternoons.
3. Orange Juice
Oranges are some of the highest sources of folate a very important ingredient during pregnancy. It promotes fetal development and prevents some brain congenital abnormalities. Drinking this juice regularly ensure the mother and child get the necessary nutrient to promote their health. It is also good in maintaining blood pressure which sometime increases during pregnancy and can harm the fetus and mother. It also helps in absorption of iron from other food sources.
- 3 oranges
- ½ apple
- water( sufficient amount)
- Mix the ingredients in a juice and juice
- When ready it can be enjoyed cold or warm according to your preference
4. Apple Juice
Fresh apple juice is one of the healthy sources of minerals necessary for maintenance if pregnancy. Although little facts were available in ancient times pregnant women were encouraged to consume a lot of apples in order for their babies to be health. Apples are also rich in folate and energy which are all necessary for a pregnant woman.
- 3 apples with their skins removed and chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend to your prefers texture
- refrigerate for an hour and enjoy cold
It is also a good nausea remedy for pregnant women experiencing exaggerated symptoms of the same.
5. Grape Juice
Grapes are some of the riches sources of folate and vitamin C. for pregnant women they help in fetal and maternal development and also help boost her immunity which takes a dive during pregnancy. This predisposes her to yeast and bacterial infections that can be really uncomfortable. They are also good taste bud stimulators.
- 500grams of grapes ( consider using a variety)
- a dash of lime
- in a blender mix the ingredients and blend to your preferred texture
- remove the mixture from the blender and refrigerate for at least an hour
- · you can now enjoy your juice and do so regularly
6. Guava Juice
Constipation is a common occurrence during pregnancy and most artificial drugs are contraindicated due to their harmful effects on the fetus .However guava juice offers a natural remedy in addition to other nutrients like folate and vitamin C.
- 2 large guavas
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ ginger juice
- Chop the guava and together with other ingredient place in a blender and blend
- when the juice is blended to your perfection stop the blending and pour in a glass
- add some ice cubes and serve
7. Cucumber and Apple Juice
This juice offers a combination of health benefits to a pregnant mother. It is rich in multiple vitamins and folic acid however the main benefit lies in the diuretic properties. Most pregnant women suffer from lower limb swelling which is as a result of fluid accumulation. However this juice helps in clearing of these fluids making the pregnancy more enjoyable.
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ apple
- water ( as per your liking)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or juice and juice a to your preference
- enjoy your drink
Fresh juice is important to pregnant women but caution should be taken to avoid consumption in excess quantities especially orange juice. Hope you have enjoyed reading this post on juicing recipes for pregnant women.