Breville 800JEXL Review
I researched a lot of juicers available out there before I bought the Breville 800JEXL 1000-watt Juice Fountain. But after using it for more than 6 weeks I found out that the 800JEXL is the best juicer I have ever used. It produces juice in seconds, relatively quiet, and the look is great.
- Related: Breville JE98XL Review
I’ve been juicing with this juice extractor at least once a day for more than 6 weeks now and I really love it, especially because it’s easy to use and clean. I mostly juice hard vegetables, like beets and carrots, plus leafy greens like wheatgrass and spinach. I’ve had no problem related to leafy vegetables processed with centrifugal juicers. So I’m sure I’ll be using the Breville juicer for years to come.
There is nothing flimsy about the construction. It’s a breeze to put back together. The cleanup is extremely easy and fast. I always put a plastic bag from the grocery store in the hopper for even easier cleanup. The pulp extracted is extremely dry so that I know I’m getting the maximum out of each vegetable or fruit I put in.
The price is fair but the electric juicer machine has more than paid for itself in the benefits and pleasure I get from it.
Here are some of the great features of the Breville 800JEXL:
- Housed in beautiful die-cast stainless steel, the juicer measures 8 by 9 by 19 inches and carries a 1-year warranty.
- 1000-watt juicer comes with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) for harder fruits and vegetables and low (6,500 RPM) for leafy vegetables or softer fruits, can force as much as juice out of the stainless-steel micromesh filter
- Titanium-plated cutting disk to grind pulp into the tiniest particles.
- Big, circular 3-inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables, easily processes the foods without pre-cutting, slicing, or dicing
- Accessories include dishwasher-safe 100-ounce pulp container and 34-ounce juicing pitcher, and manual/recipe book
- Locking arm bolts move up to 1/4″ in all directions to ensure a snug fit in the locking arm
You can get this juice extractor now at a much lower price! Click here to know the recent price!
One of the juicers was a used Juiceman Pro 211. Within three months of daily carrot juicing the narrow plastic feed chute cracked. Apparently, the force of the carrots twisting against the blades was too much for it. The chute was so small, pre-processing was time-consuming. Carrots had to be cut once lengthwise and then in half. This experience put me in the market for a model with a metal chute.
The tall stainless steel chute of the Breville 800JEXL with 1000-watt motor edged out all competitors, including the Juiceman Pro 211. The Breville food pusher alone is nearly as tall as the JUICEMAN! In fact, the 800JEXL is so tall it doesn’t fit beneath my kitchen cabinet on the countertop.
Though the Breville 800JEXL is mostly stainless steel, some parts like the pulp container, juice jug, and food pusher are plastic. There is a total of seven parts to clean and all of the parts are dishwasher safe. When I cleaned my BREVILLE I noticed moisture on the blades the next day. But I just make certain all the parts dry out before inserting the nearly air-tight food pusher.
The fruit processing capacity of the 800JEXL is so large; it easily fills the one-liter juice jug in no time. Depending on the produce, the pulp may feel moist — especially juicy fruit like apples.
- Related: Breville BJE510XL Review
Centrifugal juicers are not optimum for herbs and leafy vegetables. The BREVILLE manual advises combining them with firmer fruits or vegetables. For best results press the power-off button, pack the chute with soft and hard vegetables together and press in the plunger before flipping the low-speed switch. Depending on the leafy vegetable, you might consider using celery, cucumber, zucchini, carrot, or apple as a firm adjunct. Click here to buy from Amazon.